Instigating sentence example
- Fighting with each other wasn't going to do anything but play into the hands of those instigating the trouble.
- He opposed the Mexican War and slavery, and in 1847 was arrested on the charge of instigating a riot, which resulted in the rescue of several fugitive slaves; his trial, in which he was acquitted, attracted wide attention.
- The Girondins, discredited in Paris, multiplied their attacks upon Danton, now the master: they attributed the civil war and the disasters of the foreign campaign to the ?I~ despotism of the Paris Commune and the clubs; they the corn- accused Marat of instigating the September massacres; mane and they began the supreme struggle by demanding the a~d the election of a committee of twelve deputies, charged with ron e.
- and instigating these against the malcontents of his own people, brought enmities, which had been growing for a century, to a head, and initiated a devastating internecine warfare which was to continue for twenty years.
- On his northern frontier he began a war against the Bulgarians, to whom the Byzantines had of late been paying tribute (967), and by instigating an attack from the Russians distracted their attention effectively.Advertisement
- For the next week Cynthia listened to - and even found herself instigating - discussions about Mr. Cade.
- In 1104 Paschal succeeded in instigating the emperor's second son to rebel against his father, but soon found Henry V.
- Instigating these attacks often causes the teen to become more violent and increase severe behaviors such as fighting, stealing, skipping school, struggling academically and drug abuse.
- Baraka led the army that attacked the Temple of Light, instigating Liu Kang's quest for vengeance.
- From instigating fights to burning Jaison's socks while he sleeps, Russell kicked off his game by creating havoc and trouble, while trying to build alliances with all of the females on his tribe.Advertisement