Insolubility sentence example
- They can be distinguished by their insolubility in cupramfnonia, which dissolves cellulose, and by their behaviour towards stains, some of which stain pectic substances but not cellulose.
- As an antiseptic salicylic acid is somewhat less powerful than carbolic acid, but its insolubility renders it unsuitable for general use.
- Its insolubility is much the same as keratin.
- Metastannic acid is distinguished from orthostannic acid by its insolubility in nitric and sulphuric acids.
- A characteristic difference between guncotton and collodion cotton is the insolubility of the former in ether or alcohol or a mixture of these liquids.Advertisement
- They are characterized by their insolubility or very slight solubility in water; as examples may be mentioned erythrinic acid in Roccella and Lecanora; evernic acid in species of Evernia, Ramalina and Cladonia; lecanoric acid in Lecanora, Gyrophora.
- It is not used itself in medicine owing to its insolubility in water and ether.
- Benzidine crystallizes in plates (from water) which melt at '22' C., and boil above 360° C., and is characterized by the great insolubility of its sulphate.
- It is a more powerful antiseptic than carbolic acid, but its insolubility prevents its being used for the same purposes.
- Owing to its variability in this respect, and to its insolubility, certain other salts have largely replaced the sulphate in modern medicine.Advertisement
- The great disadvantage of the official preparations is the bitter taste and insolubility.
- Benzidine crystallizes in plates (from water) which melt at '22' C., and boil above 360Ã‚° C., and is characterized by the great insolubility of its sulphate.