Inrush sentence example
- Mines may become flooded by the inrush of surface waters in times of great rainfall or sudden floods, or by the undermining of surface waters.
- Gold was discovered on the Sweetwater river in 1867, and a large inrush of population followed.
- The didactic element was no longer in sole possession of the field, for the inrush of multitudes to the Christian faith and the building of large churches necessitated a return to the evangelical or proclamatory type of sermon.
- At the open end, as a first approximation to be corrected later, there are no pressure changes, for any tendency to excess can be relieved by immediate expansion into the outer air, and any tendency to defect can be filled up by an inrush from the outer air.
- 409), is not the common wind chest, but the nearness of the open ends, so that the outrush from one pipe can supply the inrush to the other, and the converse.Advertisement
- The first great inrush of population, following the discovery of gold and the opening of the railway, brought many desperate characters, who were held in check only by the stern, swift measures of frontier justice.
- Corps had been close at hand, on the Stol and higher up the Natisone valley, the inrush of the enemy might have been stemmed.
- This change is most strikingly illustrated by the inrush of Angiosperms, in the equally marked decrease in the Cycads, and in the altered character of the ferns.
- inrush of water which came from an old gallery of a pit over 100 years old.
- inrush of air to the pit bottom.Advertisement
- inrush of gas, which led to the death of three men.
- These are extremely handy for loads that have large inrush vs. operating currents.
- However similar precautions must be taken in solid state HVDC power supplies to limit the inrush current at turn on.
- In September 1819, a group of eleven men became trapped underground at the pit following a sudden inrush of water.
- Once the capacitor is charged, the main HVDC supply can then be switched on abruptly without incurring a high inrush current.Advertisement