Inquire-of sentence example
- 9 tells us that "beforetime in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, thus he spake, Come and let us go to the seer; for he that is now called a prophet (nabhia) was beforetime called a seer."
- When Ahaziah, the son of Ahab, having injured himself by falling through a lattice, sent to inquire of Baal-zebub, the god of Ekron, whether he should recover, the prophet was commanded to appear to the messengers and tell them that, for this resort to a false god, the king should die.
- If we insist upon the literal and etymological meaning of the word, the Renaissance was a re-birth; and it is needful to inquire of what it was the re-birth.
- The second, where the judge conceives the cause to be at an end, by the information of the party or otherwise, and useth not such diligence as he ought to inquire of it.
- The regarders were of the nature of visitors: their duty was to make a regard (visitatio nemorum) every third year, to inquire of all offences, and of the concealment of such offences by any officer of the forest.Advertisement
- The last of our love games that actually work is the "I'll just inquire of so-and-so, if so-and-so is available," all done of course, with the intent of it actually getting back to the desired so-and-so.
- Yet, if your little girl is requiring hip hop dance shoes for a class or for cheerleading, always inquire of the instructor as to what is expected.