Inoculum sentence example
- Target plants are mechanically inoculated by rubbing leaves or by dipping tomato roots into diluted inoculum.
- Alastair McCartney presented a paper on new technologies including molecular methods for detecting airborne inoculum.
- The vegetation that characterizes IE is composed of a mixture of fibrin and platelets, containing a large inoculum of bacteria.
- Once inside the trap, the male moths become contaminated with sufficient fungal inoculum to guarantee that they become infected.
- Identify thresholds for control of primary inoculum required to prevent invasive spread.Advertisement
- Moreover, there were reports from the Netherlands and Scandinavia of circumstantial evidence of oospores providing soil-borne inoculum.
- Alistair McCartney from Rothamsted assessed the methods being developed for detection of airborne pathogen inoculum.
- The use of mixtures of pure bacterial cultures as an alternative inoculum to rumen fluid in the in vitro gas production technique.
- The remaining inoculum was diluted and plated; inoculum concentration was determined to be 1 x 10 5 colony forming units per ml.
- These crops will grow very quickly and are more likely to be challenged by blight inoculum earlier in their growth.Advertisement
- Susceptible and resistant responses to challenge with soil-borne virus inoculum were evident.