Ino sentence example
- In this connexion it is noticeable that, as Ino tended her nephew Dionysus, so at the Matralia the participants prayed for the welfare of their nephews and nieces before that of their own children.
- Athamas went mad, and slew one of his sons, Learchus; Ino, to escape the pursuit of her frenzied husband, threw herself into the sea with her other son Melicertes.
- Both were afterwards worshipped as marine divinities, Ino as Leucothea, Melicertes as Palaemon (Odyssey 333).
- At the expiration of this period the gods gave him to wife Harmonia, daughter of Ares and Aphrodite, by whom he had a son Polydorus, and four daughters, Ino, Autonoe, Agave and Semele - a family which was overtaken by grievous misfortunes.
- Gellius and Ausonius state that he composed an Erotopaegnia, and in other sources he is credited with Adonis, Alcestis, Centauri, Helena, Ino, Protesilaudamia, Sirenocirca, Phoenix, which may, however, be only the parts of the Erotopaegnia.Advertisement
- Ino, pursued by her husband, who had been driven mad by Hera because Ino had brought up the infant Dionysus, threw herself and Melicertes into the sea from a high rock between Megara and Corinth.
- Both were changed into marine deities - Ino as Leucothea, Melicertes as Palaemon.
- But it is a mistake to assert, as many have asserted, that after the era of the above ten mastersthe latest of whom, SOmin, ceased to work in 187 InO bronzes comparable with theirs were cast.
- Your goal as a parent will be to find as many ways possible to incorporate a variety of foods ino your baby's diet.
- After signing to INO Records in 2001, Mercy Me quickly made a huge splash on both the U.S. Christian and U.S. Hot 100 charts.Advertisement
- A label called INO Records heard the song and signed Nick to a deal to release it as a single.
- Nick's father decided that Nick should begin work on a solo album, and Nick was signed to a joint deal with INO Records and Columbia Records.
- But after a time he became enamoured of Ino, the daughter of Cadmus, and neglected Nephele, who disappeared in anger.
- Ino, who hated the children of Nephele, persuaded Athamas, 1 Sir James Dewar, Compt.
- Athamas and his second wife Ino were said to have incurred the wrath of Hera, because Ino had brought up Dionysus, the son of her sister Semele, as a girl, to save his life.Advertisement