Initiator sentence example
- By his exposition of the political history of the kingdom, based on a study of its laws and institutions and of the legal conflicts between the state and the court of Rome, Pietro Giannone was the initiator of what has been since known as civil history.
- But, while Robertson was in some measure the initiator of a movement, Prescott came to his task when the range of information was incomparably wider and when progress in sociologic theory had thrown innumerable convergent lights upon the progress of events.
- The initiator, who must not be a relative, becomes a spiritual father, and the relation cannot be broken except by his consent.
- The point is, you don't have to be the initiator.
- And not for them only; for in the school of York, founded by his pupil Archbishop Ecgberht, was trained Alcuin (Ealhwine) the initiator under Charles the Great of the Frankish schools, which did so much for learning on the continent.Advertisement
- The rigorists, who soon became known as "Spirituals," represented St Francis as the initiator of Joachim's third age.
- Far from being an initiator, he maintains that Chenier's poetry is the last expression of an expiring form of art.
- In the first the novice is received and told to meditate on the three mystic letters; in the second, after a period of forty days, he is taught the titles of the 16 suras of the Majmu`; in the third, after seven or nine months (intended to correspond with the ordinary period of gestation), he is taught Suras 5, 6 and 9, learns the meaning of the three mystic letters and goes through a further period of instruction from his initiator.
- In 1848 Rosmini took part in the struggle which had for its object emancipation from Austria, but he was not an initiator of the movement which ended in the freedom and unity of Italy.
- France had not escaped any of these conflicts; but Philip the Fair was the initiator or the instrument (it is difficult to say which) who was to put an end to both imperial and theocratic dreams, and to the international crusades; who was to remove the political axis from the centre of Europe, mueh to the benefit of the western monarchies, now definitely emancipated from the feudal yoke and firmly organized against both the Church and the barons.Advertisement
- The final values for these fields are available to the initiator in its drag callback structures.
- Suicide is not an easy topic to approach, especially when the initiator of the conversation has no idea how to proceed after the first question has been asked.
- Although most cases involve a man as the initiator of harassment, it can work in other ways.
- The initiator was Hidari Jingoro (1594-1652), at first a simple carpenter, afterwards one of the most famous sculptors in the land of great artists.
- Hugh was more especially the initiator of a movement of ideas - the mysticism of the school of St Victor - which filled the whole of the second part of the 12th century.Advertisement