Inhibitory sentence example
- Of the dry antiseptics iodoform is constantly used in septic or tuberculous wounds, and it appears to have an inhibitory action on Bacillus tuberculosis.
- The more important of those in use to-day are carbolic acid, the perchloride and biniodide of mercury, iodoform, formalin, salicylic acid, &c. Carbolic acid is germicidal in strong solution, inhibitory in weaker ones.
- It is much more powerful than carbolic acid in its inhibitory action upon unorganized ferments such as pepsin or ptyalin.
- But moderate doses of atropine markedly paralyse the terminals of the nerves that go to involuntary muscles, whether the action of those nerves be motor or inhibitory.
- The amount of urea, creatin, creatinin, sulphates and phosphates in the urine is diminished, clearly showing that quinine exerts an inhibitory influence over the metabolic processes of the body.Advertisement
- To investigate the function of spinal inhibitory interneurons in Xenopus tadpoles, paired whole-cell recordings were used.
- Monitoring excitatory and inhibitory amino acids will it is hoped, elucidate the mechanism by which these drug exert their effect.
- Firstly, the inhibitory spinal neurons do not function correctly to ' switch off ' pain signals.
- It is one of a class of inhibitory neurotransmitters that include serotonin.
- The inhibitory effect of budesonide was higher than that of nedocromil sodium on both nasal polyps and nasal mucosa.Advertisement
- The rhythm depends on fast inhibitory synapses interconnecting the inhibitory neurons.