Inflating sentence example
- Automatically inflating jackets are the best in terms of comfort.
- From both birds and reptiles the class is distinguished, so far at any rate as existing forms are concerned, by the following features: the absence of a nucleus in the red corpuscles of the blood, which are nearly always circular in outline; the free suspension of the lungs in a thoracic cavity, separated from the abdominal cavity by a muscular partition, or diaphragm, which is the chief agent in inflating the lungs in respiration; the aorta, or main artery, forming but a single arch after leaving the heart, which curves over the left terminal division of the windpipe, or bronchus; the presence of more or fewer hairs on the skin and the absence of feathers; the greater development of the bridge, or commissure, connecting the two halves of the brain, which usually forms a complete corpus callosum, or displays an unusually large size of its anterior portion; the presence of a fully developed larynx at the upper end of the trachea or windpipe, accompanied by the absence of a syrinx, or expansion, near the lower end of the same; the circumstance that each half of the lower jaw (except perhaps at a very early stage of development) consists of a single piece articulating posteriorly with the squamosal element of the skull without the intervention of a separate quadrate bone; the absence of prefrontal bones in the skull; the presence of a pair of lateral knobs, or condyles (in place of a single median one), on the occipital aspect of the skull for articulation with the first vertebra; and, lastly, the very obvious character of the female being provided with milk-glands, by the secretion of which the young (produced, except in the very lowest group, alive and not by means of externally hatched eggs) are nourished for some time after birth.
- If his bellows had only a single opening, that through which they delivered the blast upon the fire, then in inflating them he would draw back into them the hot air and ashes from the fire.
- While inflating the bellows he would leave the suction port open and close the discharge port with a pinch of his finger; and while blowing the air against the fire he would leave the discharge port open and pinch together the sides of the suction port.
- Mr Brodie said: " We say that they adopted grossly improper means for fraudulently inflating votes cast in their favor.Advertisement
- inflatearted inflating when the first person borrowed against the value of their own home to raise the deposit to buy another.
- Ironically, the 1992 Cultural Studies anthology often receives more criticism for inflating the field than less critically self-aware collections.
- In return, tho, the government effectively subsidized this demand by inflating domestic profits through trade barriers on imports " .
- In the first group we have to notice the use of iron or zinc and dilute sulphuric acid for the manufacture of hydrogen, which may be used directly, as for inflating balloons or for purposes of combustion, or in the nascent condition, for reduction purposes, as generally is the case in organic chemistry (see Aniline).
- In return, tho, the government effectively subsidized this demand by inflating domestic profits through trade barriers on imports .Advertisement
- The inflation valve openings are extra wide to make the process of inflating your love seat fast and easy.
- Be prepared to provide ownership papers that verify the cost you paid for the dog, so potential buyers do not think you are inflating the price.
- Children 12 and under should ride in the back seat in order to avoid being hurt by inflating airbags.
- These extra light shampoos and conditioners add volume and body without artificially inflating the hair.
- LTK: Is inflating the blanket difficult?Advertisement
- Mr. Oliver: Inflating the blanket is not difficult at all; almost anyone can do it.
- Talk about inflating the balloons when you blow them up.