Inflammations sentence example
- In particular the fluctuations of the pulse in fevers and inflammations were better understood, and accurately registered; and we can scarcely realize now that before Harvey the time of the pulse seems not to have been counted by the watch.
- Lotio Rubra, the familiar "Red Lotion," a solution of zinc sulphate, is widely used in many catarrhal inflammations, as of the ear, urethra, conjunctiva, &c. There are also innumerable ointments.
- But irritation may be produced by numerous other causes besides this - such as a decayed tooth, diseased bone, local inflammations in which nerves are implicated, by some source of pressure upon a nerve trunk, or by swelling of its sheath in its passage through a bony canal or at its exit upon the surface.
- inflammations of the pancreas they are more likely to develop diabetes.
- In countries such as Turkey and Cyprus, the leaves are used in preparing medicinal remedies to soothe and reduce swellings and inflammations.Advertisement
- In that age group, it is the leading cause of bacterial meningitis, pneumonia, joint and bone infections, and throat inflammations.
- Rarely, inflammations of the heart or kidneys, a drop in platelet count (causing episodes of difficult-to-control bleeding), or reactivation of an old tuberculosis infection can occur.
- Styes and chalazia are infections and inflammations of the tiny oil glands on the eyelids.
- The most common example of this type of reaction is allergic contact dermatitis that causes inflammations of the skin.
- These illnesses include pneumonia and inflammations of the liver (hepatitis), brain (encephalitis), esophagus (esophagitis), large intestine (colitis), and retina of the eye (retinitis).Advertisement
- H. influenzae can also produce inflammations of the eye (conjunctivitis) in newborn children.
- The most serious complications caused by the exotoxin are inflammations of the heart muscle (myocarditis) and damage to the nervous system.