Infix sentence example
- Thus, in Sumerian we find such forms as numunnib-bi, " he speaks not to him," where the negative prefix nu and the verbal prefix mun are in harmony, but in dissimilation to the infix nib, " to him," and to the root bi, " speak," which are also in harmony.
- They have the chief characteristics of the Polynesian, with Malay affinities, and peculiarities such as the use of suffixes and inseparable pronouns and, as in Tagal, of the infix to denote changes in the verb; in the west groups there is a tendency to closed syllables and double consonants, and a use of the palatals ch, j, sh, the dental th, and s (the last perhaps only in foreign words), which is alien to the Polynesian.
- infix notation instead of the usual message sending format.
- The infinitive often functions as a verbal noun, and as such can be the complement of another verb. infix see affix.
- infix operator ^ .Advertisement
- infix expression.
- infix dereference operator, just as it is in C and C++ .