Infinitives sentence example
- - Partly derived from adjectival formations in y, from nouns and infinitives:e.g.
- A curious fact, and one which has arisen since the 15th century, is the addition of a paragogic C to those infinitives which are accentedon the radical; in a portion of the Catalan domain one hears creurer, veurer.
- As in Provenal, the past participle of a large ntimber of verbs of the 2nd and 3rd conjugations is formed, not from the infinitive, but from the perfect (pogut, volgut, tingut suggest the perfects poch, volch, tinch, and not the infinitives poder, voler, tenir).
- Avoid using split infinitives - they are widely considered to be poor style.
- Non-finite verb forms include infinitives and participles, plus some derived adjectives.Advertisement
- There were no infinitives in the passage above, but see if you can find the infinitives in the following excerpt.
- It is hilarious that an invented prohibition of splitting infinitives should have such an impact even today without people even knowing why.
- Most non-complement infinitives are purpose infinitives, but we do not further distinguish types.
- Lingual r at the end of a word has a tendency to disappear when preceded by a vowel: thus the infinitives amare,temere, *legire are pronounced amd, tem, ilegi.