Infinite-series sentence example
- The process is conceived as an infinite series of variations or specifications of one primitive and common type.
- pp. 8 0 -94, 95112) showed by his calculus of hyper-determinants that an infinite series of such functions might be obtained systematically.
- His development of the equation x m +- px = q in an infinite series was extended by Leonhard Euler, and particularly by Joseph Louis Lagrange.
- A continued product of this kind can, by taking logarithms, be replaced by an infinite series.
- Bromwich, Introduction to the Theory of Infinite Series (1908); H.Advertisement
- The introduction of infinite series into mathematics effected a great change in the modes of calculation and the treatment of the subject.
- quam Archimedes, we may direct our attention either to the infinite series of geometrical operations or to the corresponding infinite series of arithmetical operations.
- Besides all this, however, and far beyond it in importance, was his use of infinite series.
- In this case the variation will be simply periodic, The value of any element of the planet's motion will generally be represented by the sum of an infinite series of such periodic quantities, having different periods.
- If 1 be the mean longitude of the planet whose motion we are considering, and 1' that of the attracting planet affecting it, the periodic inequalities of the elements as well as of the co-ordinates of the attracted planet, may be represented by an infinite series of terms like the following: a sin (l' - l)+b sin (2l' - l)+c sin (l'- 2l)+&c.Advertisement
- The expressions for the longitude, latitude `and parallax appear as an infinite trigonometric series, in which the coefficients of the sines and cosines are themselves infinite series proceeding according to the powers of the above small numbers.
- This paper offers a glimpse of how Euler used infinitesimals and infinite series to compute differentials for the elementary functions.