Infilling sentence example
- Heulandite, with thomsonite, stilbite, scolecite, calcite and chalcedony, occur as infilling minerals.
- Indeed, so rapid is the infilling by the torrents which sweep down detritus from the surrounding heights that even the existing lakes are visibly diminishing.
- The ground was once marshy so that drainage and infilling was necessary.
- Much of the infilling probably occurred early in the Holocene, as the landscape adjusted to increasingly temperate conditions.
- The infilling material may be warmer, softer ice from below the surface, or water from a subsurface ocean.Advertisement