Infesting sentence example
- A species of Acarus is recorded as infesting a store of powdered strychnine and feeding on that drug, so poisonous to larger organisms. Reference to literature (40).
- The louse of monkeys is now generally considered as forming a separate genus (Pedicinus), but the greater part of those infesting domestic and wild quadrupeds are mostly grouped in the large genus Haematopinus, and very rarely is the same species found on different kinds of animals.
- Meanwhile French corsairs from St Malo and Dieppe had been active in infesting the West Indies and the trade route followed by the Spanish convoys.
- In one case described by Kuckuck the chromaphores of the infesting algae are absent, a circumstance which points to a complete parasitism.
- Widespread use of DDT mostly eliminated the problem, but since DDT was outlawed, these buggers are back and infesting homes, hotels, and even theater seats.Advertisement
- Children are particularly likely to be bitten by rodents infesting their home and are, therefore, most likely to contract rat-bite fever.