Infantryman sentence example
- David, to his slight surprise, had become an infantryman.
- But a cuirass and helmet seem heavy to an infantryman, perhaps seldom training with, or handling, arms.
- They were important extra rifles, but being capable of firing a rifle does not make an infantryman.
- Whilst sheltering in the first house, the General shot a german infantryman through the ground floor window.
- The basic British infantryman, like his French and German contemporaries, was issued with his uniform, webbing and a rifle with bayonet.Advertisement
- At one point observed an Australian infantryman " The whole division turned at an angle almost 45 degrees to us.
- The French infantryman was issued with either the Lebel or the Berthier rifle.
- He found the job onerous and so joining the Army and the Worcestershire Regiment as an Infantryman at age 17.
- This was extremely generous, when compared to the infantryman's one shilling and the ordinary sapper 's two shillings and sixpence.
- Your fine cords would soon get a bit rubbed, said an infantryman, wiping the mud off his face with his sleeve.Advertisement
- An infantryman came to the fire, squatted on his heels, held his hands to the blaze, and turned away his face.
- A weal dog astwide a fence! shouted Denisov after him (the most insulting expression a cavalryman can address to a mounted infantryman) and riding up to Rostov, he burst out laughing.
- This was extremely generous, when compared to the infantryman 's one shilling and the ordinary sapper 's two shillings and sixpence.
- A little worried I backed it up, ready for more action, but all that the laser was firing on was a dead enemy infantryman...one that I had killed a while ago!
- He was once an infantryman in a war (which war, we are not told) and came back with shellshock.Advertisement