Inert-gas sentence example
- Ramsay, repeating these experiments, found that the inert gas emitted refused xIIl.
- It becomes less when the "oxyhydrogen" is mixed with excess of one or the other of the two reacting gases, or an inert gas such as nitrogen, because in any such case the same amount of heat spreads over a larger quantity of matter.
- He found that a small fraction, not more thanoth part, resisted the change, and in this residue he doubtless had a sample of the inert gas argon which was only recognized as a distinct entity more than a hundred years later.
- Jungfleisch has obtained it by carrying out the combustion with oxygen under reduced pressure, or diluted with an inert gas.
- Rayleigh is perhaps most famous for his discovery the inert gas argon in 1895, work which earned him a Nobel Prize in 1904.Advertisement
- For example, aluminum bronzes are used very successfully for inert gas fans in oil tankers.
- The inserts were to be welded in using a tungsten inert gas technique.
- A technique has been available for assessing cerebral blood flow on CT machines using the inert gas xenon since the 1970s.
- Hillebrand, who had noticed, in examining the mineral uraninite, that an inert gas was evolved when the mineral was decomposed with acid.
- A technique has been available for assessing cerebral blood flow on CT machines using the inert gas Xenon since the 1970s.Advertisement