Inequivalve sentence example
- A dorsal contractile heart, with symmetrical right and left auricles receiving aerated blood from the ctenidia and mantle skirt, is present, being unequally developed only in those few forms which are inequivalve.
- Antipleuridae.-Shell inequivalve.
- Vlastidae.-Shell very inequivalve; hinge without teeth.
- Mantle open; foot rather small; branchiae folded; shell inequivalve.
- Asymmetrical, inequivalve, fixed, with extensive pallial sutures; no siphons.Advertisement
- Caprinidae.-Shell inequivalve; fixed valve spiral or conical; free valve coiled or spiral; Cretaceous.
- Monopleuridae.-Shell very inequivalve; fixed valve conical or spiral; free valve operculiform; Cretaceous.
- - Shell sub-trigonal, inequivalve; pallial sinus shallow; siphons short, united, completely retractile; foot large, pointed, often byssiferous.
- - Shell thin, inequivalve, free; ligament internal; siphons very short.
- - Shell very inequivalve, solid, with a pallial sinus; siphons short; foot small.Advertisement
- Spondylidae.-Shell very inequivalve, fixed by the right valve which is the larger.