Ineffectively sentence example
- The northern territories had been all but cut off, but the southern routes - -where most of her army was ineffectively positioned - -were open.
- In 1851 he interposed promptly but ineffectively in thwarting the projects of the " filibusters," under Narciso Lopez for the invasion of Cuba.
- Her incompetent editor abridges every chapter so ineffectively that the story practically disappears.
- He only rebounded painfully, ineffectively, which served him right for reading fiction.
- The provisional legis lature of the Territory of Jefferson maintained a wholly illegal but rather creditable existence somewhat precariously and ineffectively until 1861.Advertisement
- rebounded painfully, ineffectively, which served him right for reading fiction.
- The Royal Navy later used it - ineffectively, of course - to treat scurvy, an illness caused by vitamin deficiency.
- He says: "The younger son struggles and is powerless, and is alarmed; the father struggles ineffectively, indeed his efforts only increase the opposition; the elder son is least of all injured, he feels neither anguish nor pain, but he is horrified at what he sees happening to his father, and he screams while he pushes the coils of the serpent off from his legs.