Inebriates sentence example
- The word is also used of an institution or home where insane persons or habitual inebriates may be treated.
- For the law relating to "licensed retreats" for inebriates, see Inebriety, Law Of.
- Private institutions for the care of the insane, idiots, feeble-minded and inebriates may be established, but must be licensed and regulated by the state board and become legally a part of the system of public charities.
- Under the Brice bill, passed in 1904 and amended in 1905, which gave the people of each county the choice between dispensary and prohibition, with the proviso that if they adopt the latter they must pay the extra taxes necessary to enforce it, several counties adopted prohibition; and in 1907 the state dispensary system was abolished, all impure liquors were declared contraband, each county was required to vote to prohibit the sale of liquors or to establish a dispensary, the sale of intoxicating liquors was forbidden outside of cities and towns, and sales may be made only through county dispensaries, which may not sell at night or on Sunday, or to inebriates or minors.
- Jonathan Harrison, Chairman Round and About The cup that cheers but not inebriates.Advertisement
- By an act of 1907 the Board of Control was empowered to establish a hospital for inebriates.