Industriously sentence example
- speaks of burgesses industriously exercising the manufacture of cloth.
- It should not, however, be forgotten that the empirics'read and industriously commented on the works of Hippocrates.
- Somewhere in the distance a meadowlark began its melodic whistle, and a hen sang industriously up by the house.
- You can think of it by reading my industriously revealing autobiography.
- Indeed, a great part of his life was passed in hearing pleadings and pronouncing judgments, and few sovereigns have ever worked so industriously or shown such solicitude for the impartial exercise of their judicial functions.Advertisement
- At this time Patmore's father became involved in financial embarrassments; and in 1846 Monckton Milnes secured for the son an assistant-librarianship in the British Museum, a post which he occupied industriously for nineteen years, devoting his spare time to poetry.
- He not only collected the facts concerning electromagnetic induction so industriously that nothing of importance remained for future discovery, and embraced them all in one law of exquisite simplicity, but he introduced his famous conception of lines of force which changed entirely the mode of regarding electrical phenomena.
- The wide diffusion of Stoic phraseology and Stoic modes of thought may be seen on all hands - in the language of the New Testament writers, in the compendious " histories of philosophy " industriously circulated by a host of writers about this time (ccf.
- But anyone who has frequented art schools and seen the shapeless, pitiful model which the students are industriously drawing will know that this is an illusion" (Clark, p. 3).