Industrialism sentence example
- These advances in natural science, which pointed to a unity and gradual evolution in nature, were accompanied by a growth in commerce, manufactures and industrialism; the same kind of spirit showed itself in the revolutionary upheaval of 1848, and in the materialistic publications which immediately followed, while these XVIII.
- In the Principles of Sociology Spencer's most influential ideas have been that of the social organism, of the origination of religion out of the worship of ancestral ghosts, of the natural antagonism between nutrition and reproduction, industrialism and warfare.
- lauded the growth of modern industrialism and the rise of the cities.
- It hated and at the same time lauded the growth of modern industrialism and the rise of the cities.
- It indicts the brutalisation and wastefulness of Victorian industrialism, and envisions the world as it might be.Advertisement
- If the gods of german industrialism fall it is because he has known exactly when to trip each of them up.
- Lee defends a ' strong ' conception of class and calls for greater attention on the integrative role of money in late industrialism.
- Mr Roosevelt and his supporters were convinced that his policy was necessary to save the country from the social and political dangers of plutocracy, and that in establishing a definite system of government regulation not only were popular rights preserved and justice promoted but industrialism and finance were placed upon a basis of regularity and honesty that paved the way for an era of general prosperity in the United States, unhampered by feverish speculation and shrewd scheming, such as the country had so far in its history been unable to enjoy.