Industrial-arts sentence example
- Of his decorative paintings, the best known are the elegant compositions (in spirit fresco) on the walls of the Victoria and Albert Museum, representing "The Industrial Arts of War and Peace."
- It has a school of the industrial arts and sciences, grows good wine, and makes bricks.
- During the Protectorate they were visited by a detachment of Cromwell's troops, who initiated the inhabitants into various industrial arts and new methods of agriculture.
- He was always anxious to turn his knowledge to practical account, whether in preparing medicines, or in furthering industrial arts such as dyeing, or in increasing the fertility of the soil by artificial manures.
- Among the public buildings are the state capitol, the post office building, the county court house, the city hall, the second regiment armoury, public library (containing about 42,000 volumes in 1909), and the building (1910) given by Henry C. Kelsey to the city for the school of industrial arts (founded in 1898).Advertisement
- There is a school of the industrial arts and handicrafts, and majolica, paper, and silk cocoons are produced.
- Its object is to supply a complete course of instruction in science as applicable to the industrial arts.
- The early Lydian kingdom was far advanced in the industrial arts (see Lydia), and Sardis was the chief seat of its manufactures.
- Another great line of progress has been followed by tribes passing from the primitive state of the wild hunter, fisher and fruit-gatherer to that of the settled tiller of the soil, for to this change of habit may be plainly in great part traced the expansion of industrial arts and the creation of higher social and political institutions.
- In 1970, he began attending the Kanazawa Munici College of Industrial Arts and Crafts, about which he's often remarked this his studies often took second place to his doodling.Advertisement