Indre sentence example
- On the right the Loire receives the waters of the Furens, the Arroux, the Nivre, the Maine (formed by the Mayenne and the Sarthe with its affluent the Loir), and the Erdre, which joins the Loire at Nantes; on the left, the Allier (which receives the Dore and the Sioule), the Loiret, the Cher, the Indre, the Vienne with its affluent the Creuse, the Thouet, and the Svre-Nantaise.
- For this service he was promoted in rank, and received a gift of the castle and isle of Indre, near Nantes.
- The old town, close to the river, forms a nucleus round which a newer and more extensive quarter, bordered by boulevards, has grown 'up; the suburbs of St Christophe and Deols lie on the right bank of the Indre.
- The Bituriges Cubi, called simply Bituriges by Caesar, in whose time they acknowledged the supremacy of the Aedui, inhabited the modern diocese of Bourges, including the departments of Cher and Indre, and partly that of Allier.
- Rene Joachim Henri DUTROCHET (1776-1847), French physiologist, was born at Château de Neon (Indre) on the 14th of November 1776, and died at Paris on the 4th of February 1847.Advertisement
- The marriage was not a happy one, and after the birth of a son incompatibility of temper led to a separation, the count retiring to his estate on the Indre, where by an extravagant course of living he became hopelessly involved in debt.
- The Hrault average density of population in France is about 190 Ille-et-Vil to the square mile, the tendency being for the large Indre towns to increase at the expense of the small towns Indre-et-I as well as the rural communities.
- See Peter Edvard Holm, Danmarks indre Historie under Enevaelden (Copenhagen, 1881-1886); Adolf Ditleva Jorgensen, Peter Griffenfeldt (Copenhagen, 1893); Robert Nisbet Bain, Scandinavia cap. x., xi.
- Rene Joachim Henri DUTROCHET (1776-1847), French physiologist, was born at ChÃ¢teau de Neon (Indre) on the 14th of November 1776, and died at Paris on the 4th of February 1847.