Indore sentence example
- In 1726, together with Malhar Rao Holkar, the founder of the house of Indore, he was authorized by the peshwa to collect tribute (chauth) in the Malwa districts.
- HOLKAR, the family name of the Mahratta ruler of Indore, which has been adopted as a dynastic title.
- The British agent to the governor-general resides at Indore, and there are British cantonments at Mhow, Neemuch and Nowgong.
- by Bhopal, Indore and the Khandesh district of Bombay; on the S.
- In central India two military leaders, Sindhia of Gwalior and Holkar of Indore, alternately held the pre-eminency.Advertisement
- In the same year (1817) as that in which the Pindaris were crushed, and almost in the same month (November), the three great Mahratta powers at Poona, Nagpur and Indore Third ro s e against the English.
- These are the residencies of Gwalior and Indore, and the agencies of Baghelkhand, Bhopal, Bhopawar, Bundelkhand, Indore and Malwa.
- The is large states are Gwalior, Indore, Rewa, Bhopal, Dhar, Barwani, Datia, Orchha, Charkhari, Chhattarpur, Panna, Dewas (senior branch), Dewas (junior branch), Jaora and Ratlam.
- Malwa opium is produced in a large number of states in the Central India and Rajputana Agencies, chiefly Gwalior, Indore and Bhopal, in the former, and Mewar in the latter.
- The The Gwalior contingent of Sindhia's army mutinied in the middle of June, and on the ist of July Holkar's troops revolted at Indore, and the resident, Henry Durand, was forced to leave the residency.Advertisement
- by Indore, the Central Provinces and Hyderabad; on the S.
- The Satpura hills separate the valley of the Tapti from the valley of the Nerbudda, and the district of Khandesh from the territories of Indore.
- There are 9 states, 13 estates and the pargana of Alampur belonging to Indore state, with a total area of 9851 sq.
- But in 1901 and 1904 certain districts were transferred from this agency to the Indore residency, created in 1899, and the area of Bhopawar was thus reduced by 3283 sq.