Indisposition sentence example
- Mr Stuart did not finish his task on this occasion, on account of indisposition and other causes.
- I pleaded temporary indisposition, and was dismissed with an injunction not to repeat my offense.
- The cause of this indisposition was the strong impression made on his sensitive mind by the sight of the killed and wounded.
- She was back in her place at Raggett Street after a temporary indisposition.
- There was a ' general Aramaic indisposition to literary composition at the time in question ' .Advertisement
- The general characters of a soap are a certain greasiness to the touch, ready solubility in water, with formation of viscid solutions which on agitation yield a tenacious froth or " lather," an indisposition to crystallize, readiness to amalgamate with small proportions of hot water into homogeneous slimes, which on cooling set into jellies or more or less consistent pastes.
- Mademoiselle Bourienne was the first to recover herself after this apparition and began speaking about the prince's indisposition.
- The illness varies within the widest limits, and exhibits all gradations of severity, from a mere indisposition, which may pass almost unnoticed, to an extreme violence, only equalled by the most violent forms of cholera.
- From the pretense of illness, from his daughter's distress, and by the embarrassed faces of Sonya and Marya Dmitrievna, the count saw clearly that something had gone wrong during his absence, but it was so terrible for him to think that anything disgraceful had happened to his beloved daughter, and he so prized his own cheerful tranquillity, that he avoided inquiries and tried to assure himself that nothing particularly had happened; and he was only dissatisfied that her indisposition delayed their return to the country.