Indigenes sentence example
- Pierre Huber's Traite des mceurs des fourmis indigenes (Geneve, 1810) is the most famous of the older memoirs.
- In 1824 the settled indigenes had to pay the very heavy rate of 11 roubles (about 1) per head, and the arrears, which soon became equal to the sums levied, were rigorously exacted.
- Alexander von Humboldt's Vues des Cordilleres et monuments des peuples indigenes de l'Amerique was published in Paris in 1816.
- It has been argued, on the other hand, that not all such mixed breeds are permanent, and especially that the cross between Europeans and Australian indigenes is almost sterile; but this assertion, when examined with the care demanded by its bearing on the general question of hybridity, has distinctly broken down.
- Bentham, Catalogue des plantes indigenes des Pyrenees et de Bas Languedoc (1826).Advertisement
- It should not be forgotten either that European children continued to die in large numbers from the very same diseases that were killing indigenes.
- A later investigator, Don Francisco Belmar (Lenguas indigenes de Mexico, Mexico, 1905), has been able to reduce these numerous idioms to a very few groups.