Indictable sentence example
- The common law of England treats blasphemy as an indictable offence.
- indictable offenses were detected by the police.
- indictable cases Serious cases which have to be sent forthwith, at the Early Administrative Hearing, to the Crown Court.
- indictable crimes per thousand population.
- indictable only criminal matters are now transferred to the Crown Court.Advertisement
- offencefer can take place only for offenses with which the defendant has been " charged with an indictable offense " .
- More recently, in January 2001 the Section 51 provisions for sending indictable only cases straight to the Crown Court were implemented nationally.
- It has been held that a person offending under the statute is also indictable at common law (Rex v.
- If any person makes an agreement for the withdrawal of a petition in consideration of a money payment, or of the promise that the seat shall be vacated or another petition withdrawn, or omits to state in his affidavit that he has made an agreement, lawful or unlawful, for the withdrawal, he is guilty of an indictable misdemeanour.
- The forcible rescue of goods legally distrained or the rescuing of cattle by pound breach are misdemeanours indictable at common law, but the more usual procedure is a civil action under 2 W.Advertisement
- All controversies of a civil nature, and any question of personal injury on which a suit for damages will lie, although it may also he indictable, may be referred to arbitration; but crimes, and perhaps actions on penal statutes by ntary common informers may not.