Indian-elephant sentence example
- Unlike the African species, the Indian elephant charges with its trunk curled up, and consequently in silence.
- In height it stood about the same as a young individual of the ordinary African elephant when about a year and a half old, the vertical measurement at the shoulder being only 4 ft., or merely a foot higher than a new-born Indian elephant.
- The Indian region is the home of the Indian elephant - one of the two sole remaining representatives of the order Proboscidea.
- The bones of the skeleton generally more resemble those of the Indian elephant than of any other species, but the skull differs in the narrower summit, narrower temporal fossae, and more prolonged incisive sheaths, supporting the roots of the enormous tusks.
- Examination will, however, show that a modification similar to that which has transformed the comparatively simple molar tooth of the mastodon into the extremely complex grinder of the Indian elephant has served to change the tooth of the common pig into that of Phacochoerus.Advertisement
- Contrary to what might be anticipated from its size and from the habits of its African cousin, the Indian elephant is now, at any rate, an inhabitant, not of the plains, but of the hills; and even on the hills it is usually found among the higher ridges and plateaus, and not in the valleys.
- The ride has been refurbished seven times over the years, including the additional of the Indian Elephant pool, rerouting the cruise's path and finally, the addition of piranhas.