Indestructibility sentence example
- It is not half so wonderful as the conservation of force or the indestructibility of matter...
- In this work, the product, according to Lange, of a fanatical enthusiasm for humanity, he sought to demonstrate the indestructibility of matter and force, and the finality of physical force.
- Metals were used for money at an early stage of civilization, and are well suited to the purpose, owing to their great intrinsic value and their durability, indestructibility, divisibility and rarity.
- Further, he defended against the Stoics the Peripatetic doctrine of the eternity of the world and the indestructibility of the human race.
- the modern "indestructibility of matter" and "conservation of energy"), although the compounds of the atoms are liable to increase and decrease, appearance and disappearance - in other words, to birth and death.Advertisement
- If, as Huxley admits, even putting it with unnecessary force against himself,"the immortality of man is not half so wonderful as the conservation of force or the indestructibility of matter," the question then is, how far a critical analysis of our belief in the last-named doctrines will leave us in a position to regard them as the last stage in systematic thinking.
- From it Spencer proceeds to deduce the indestructibility of matter and energy, the equivalence and transformation of forces, the necessity of a rhythm, of Evolution (i.e.
- Starting like his predecessors with the indestructibility of matter, Haeckel makes more than they do of the conservation of energy, and merges the persistence of matter and energy in one universal law of substance, which, on the ground that body is subject to eternal transformation, is also' the universal law of evolution.