Independent-variable sentence example
- When Clerk Maxwell pointed out the way to the common origin of optical and electrical phenomena, these equations naturally came to repose on an electric basis, the connexion having been first definitely exhibited by FitzGerald in 1878; and according as the independent variable was one or other of the vectors which represent electric force, magnetic force or electric polarity, they took the form appropriate to one or other of the elastic theories above mentioned.
- The independent variable is the part of the project that is tested or changed.
- In this case, the independent variable would be adding or not adding the plant food.
- The motion communicated to rollers by the pencil serves to cut resistance in or out of the two line circuits which are connected to the rollers, and thus two independent variable line currents are obtained.
- If the range of the independent variable or variables is unlimited, the value of in is at our disposal, and the solution gives us the laws of wave-propagation (see WAVE).Advertisement
- The system contains only algebraic equations and o.d.e.s with a single independent variable (normally time ).
- Method of changing the independent variable not relevant to the problem under investigation.
- The potting soil must be the same, the water must be the same, the size of the pot must be the same, etc. The only thing that is different in the course of the project or experiment is the independent variable.