Indentures sentence example
- The evolution of the army which won Crecy and Poitiers is accompanied by the accumulation of a mass of indentures and other military documents, the value of which has been illustrated in Dr Morriss Welsh Wars of Edward I.
- They came under indentures, but at the expiration of their contract were allowed to settle in the colony.'
- Here Davy, released from his indentures, was installed as superintendent towards the end of 1798.
- They came on three-years' indentures, over 50,000 Chinese being eventually brought over.
- The home government concurred, and during1904-1906over 50,000 Chinese were brought to the Rand on three-years' indentures.Advertisement
- The Clerk to make all indentures for all persons bound and to take Reasonable Fees.
- Group of early large sheet vellum indentures, all dating back to the 18th c.
- Group of five early vellum indentures from the 17th c.
- Collection of twenty-eight large sheet vellum indentures, 19th c.
- Likewise, apprenticeship indentures are only mentioned where they fill gaps or offer additional date coverage.Advertisement
- indentures of lease and release between this Elizabeth and George Brook, " a Shropshire gentleman " .
- Collection of thirty large sheet vellum indentures from the 19th c.
- vellum indentures, all dating back to the 18th c.
- In Natal these coolies had been allowed to remain after the completion of their indentures, and had succeeded in practically monopolizing the petty trade of the country.
- The point as to whether the original conditions were or were not servile was never legally tested, for eventually on the grant of self-government to the Transvaal the Botha cabinet decided (June 1907) not to renew the indentures nor to permit any new importation of coolies.Advertisement
- Many of the coolies chose to remain in the colony after the termination of their indentures, and began to displace the European country traders.