Indemnified sentence example
- A master, when accused, could offer his slaves for the " question," or demand for the same purpose the slaves of another; and, if in the latter case they were injured or killed in the process, their owner was indemnified.
- His pension was continued by the National Assembly, and he was partially indemnified for the depreciation of the currency by remunerative appointments.
- It is true that Richard indemnified himself on his return by resuming some of his most important grants and refusing to return the purchase money; but it is improbable that he had originally planned this repudiation of his ill-considered bargains.
- The peace of Luneville (1801) established the French boundary at the Rhine; and the German princes who thereby lost lands west of the river were indemnified by the secularization of ecclesiastical territories to the east.
- European firms who had lost goods during these troubles were afterwards indemnified by the Persian government.Advertisement
- Rumania was to be indemnified at the expense of Turkey by the delta of the Danube and the Dobrudja as far as Constantza.
- The Agent shall indemnify and keep the University indemnified against any breach of the Act.
- Restaurants and off-licences will demand that the card be swiped so that they are indemnified from prosecution.
- If at least half of the harvest in any year is destroyed by accident, the lessee (a) in the case of a lease for several years, obtains, at the end of his lease, a refund of rent, by way of indemnity, unless he has been indemnified by preceding harvests; (b) in the case of a lease for a year only, may secure a proportional abatement of the current rent.