Indehiscent sentence example
- On this basis, with other interesting morphological comparisons, Brefeld erected his hypothesis, now untenable, that the Ascomycetes and Basidiomycetes diverge from the Zygomycetes, the former having particularly specialized the ascus (sporangial) mode of reproduction, the latter having specialized the conidial (indehiscent one-spored sporangiole) mode.
- On the other hand, indehiscent fruits discharge these functions for the embryo, and the seed-coat is only slightly developed.
- more; it is indehiscent, and the small seed germinates whilst the fruit is still attached to the tree, putting out a tuft of roots and a shoot, and not falling till the latter is 6 in.
- The absence of an annulus from their indehiscent sporangia makes it impossible to compare them with the other Ferns in respect of this important character.
- indehiscent, single-seeded fruit with a hard woody wall " .Advertisement