Incus sentence example
- The malleus and incus cf the internal ear are united, and there is no transverse canal in the skull.
- The malleus and incus of the inner ear are separate.
- Of these Ctenodactylus and Pectinator are characterized by the union of the incus and malleus of the internal ear, the free fibula and the almost rootless cheek-teeth.
- Thyng, who has carefully reviewed all the other theories, the balance of evidence tends to show that the quadrate has been taken up into the inner ear, where it is represented among the auditory ossicles by the incus.
- The three middle ear bones Ã¢ the ossicles Ã¢ are called the malleus, the incus and the stapes.Advertisement
- In the more extended sense, the Anomaluroidea are diagnosed as follows: In the skull the infra-orbital foramen (or canal) is large, the lachrymal foramen placed high up, and no transverse canal; while the malleus and incus of the internal ear are fused.