Incus sentence example
- The malleus and incus cf the internal ear are united, and there is no transverse canal in the skull.
- Parker.) extracolumellar mass, that between stapes and drum, is equivalent to incus and malleus of the mammalia.
- a, malleate, with crop: this is followed enlarged view of malleus above - the by the crop-gizzard, Y-shaped incus consists of a short median also ciliated except fulcrum bearing two large rami, each of behind, where it is which is in contact with a stout malleus hardened into a set consisting of a toothed uncus carried on a of articulated sclerites long manubrium; b, sub-malleate, with (trophi) to form the enlarged view of malleus - the manubria gizzard or mastax.
- are twice as long as the 3to 5-toothed Thus the crop-gizzard unci; c, virgate - mallei rod-like, manubria has the same comand fulcrum very long, unci Ior 2-toothed; bination of structures d forcipate - rami large and used as a foras we find in the ceps, mallei rod-like, unci pointed or evanstomach of higher escent; e, incudate - stout fulcrum, rami Crustacea, with which formingaforceps, mallei evanescent; f, unwe may call it homocinate - unci large, 2-toothed, manubria plastic. The trophi evanescent, incus slender; g, ramate - rami are (I) a median incus subquadrantic, fulcrum rudimentary, manY - shaped, with the ubria evanescent; h,malleo-ramate - mallei (fulcrum) distal fastened by their unci to the rami, manubria foot and the arms (rami) looped, rami large and fulcrum slender.
- The malleus and incus of the inner ear are separate.Advertisement
- Of these Ctenodactylus and Pectinator are characterized by the union of the incus and malleus of the internal ear, the free fibula and the almost rootless cheek-teeth.
- Thyng, who has carefully reviewed all the other theories, the balance of evidence tends to show that the quadrate has been taken up into the inner ear, where it is represented among the auditory ossicles by the incus.
- incus video, a duo performance between Derek Bailey and tap dancer Will Gaines, filmed in Derby, June 1995.
- The three middle ear bones Ã¢ the ossicles Ã¢ are called the malleus, the incus and the stapes.
- In the more extended sense, the Anomaluroidea are diagnosed as follows: In the skull the infra-orbital foramen (or canal) is large, the lachrymal foramen placed high up, and no transverse canal; while the malleus and incus of the internal ear are fused.Advertisement
- Ossicles-The three small bones of the middle ear: the malleus (hammer), the incus (anvil) and the stapes (stirrup).