Incurved sentence example
- For the distillation of liquids the retort is usually a cylindrical pot placed vertically; cast iron is generally employed, in which case the bottom is frequently incurved and thicker than the sides in order to take up the additional wear and tear.
- The feathers which form this remarkable adornment are, like those of the "ear-tufts," stiff and incurved at the end, but much longer - measuring more than 2 in.
- Helichrysum bracteatum: half-hardy, 2 ft.; the incurved crimson, rose and other forms very handsome.
- When a fly is captured, the viscid excretion becomes strongly acid and the naturally incurved margins of the leaf curve still further inwards, rendering contact between the insect and the leaf-surface more complete.
- - Male flower of Pellitory (Parietaria officinalis), having four stamens with incurved elastic filaments, and an abortive pistil in the centre.Advertisement
- Embedded in the incurved margin of the rim which affords a very insecure foothold to insects, are a number of large glands excreting a sweet juice.
- It is much smaller than its ally S. globiferum, and, unlike the latter species, the leaves of the rosettes are not incurved.
- N. alba minor, a small-flowered variety with blooms of great purity, and prettily incurved.
- Nymphaea Alba Atropurpurea - One of the darkest of all, with very large flowers of deep port-wine color, with pale yellow stamens and petals incurved at the tips.
- Nymphaea Alba Fulva - Bears medium-sized star-shaped flowers, curiously incurved at the tips of the petals, and sweetly scented.Advertisement
- The flowers-4 to 7 inches across-are pure white with green sepals, slightly incurved, and nearly scentless.
- The starry white flowers are 2 to 3 inches across, with purplish sepals and sweetly scented, though forms occur that are almost without scent, and others with flowers more or less incurved.