Incrustations sentence example
- Lovely incrustations alternate with queer and grotesque figures.
- Derived products in the form of crystals of phillipsite are not uncommon, but the most abundant of all are the incrustations of manganese oxide, as to the origin of which Murray and Renard are not fully clear.
- Its shores are swampy and desolate and show considerable belts of saline incrustations with the fall in its level.
- With the juice of some canes considerable difficulty is encountered in keeping the heating surfaces of the evaporators clean and free from incrustations, and cleaning by the use of acid has to be resorted to.
- So Avenarius (q.v.) was no materialist, but only an empiricist anxious to reclaim man's natural view of the world from philosophic incrustations; yet when his Empiriokriticismus ends in nothing but environment, nervous system, and statements dependent on them, without soul, though within experience, he comes near to materialism, as Wundt has remarked.Advertisement
- The important part played by the mineral in the history of commerce and religion depends on this fact; at a very early stage of progress salt became a necessary of life to most nations, and in many cases they could procure it only from abroad, from the sea-coast, or from districts like that of Palmyra where salty incrustations are found on the surface of the soil.
- high (not all can be seen from any part, and probably some portions are still unexplored), shows many remarkable examples of stalactite formations and incrustations of dazzling brilliance.
- While most of the other lagoons are highly saline, with thick incrustations of salt round their margins, Aussa remains fresh throughout the year, owing to the great body of water discharged into it by the Hawash.
- Even the growth of the well-known nodular incrustations in iron pipes is much reduced by sand filtration.
- In the south-west salt is found in beds and dry incrustations, varying in thickness from a few inches to 2 ft.Advertisement
- The annual flooding now appears to be actually beneficial to the stonework, by removing the disintegrating salts and incrustations.
- Glue residues, chewing gum, ballpoint ink, oily incrustations etc. should be treated in combination with ECO SPOT & STAIN REMOVER.
- In the United States extensive deposits and brine springs are worked, and also incrustations (see above).
- Opposite the castle is the Dropping Well, the waters of which are impregnated with lime and have petrifying power, this action causing the curious and beautiful incrustations formed where the water falls over a slight cliff.