Incommensurability sentence example
- It is an advance on this when Heraclitus 2 opposes to the eyes and ears which are bad witnesses " for such as understand not their language " a common something which we would do well to follow; or again when in the incommensurability of the diagonal and side of a square the Pythagoreans stumbled upon what was clearly neither thing nor image of sense, but yet was endowed with meaning, and henceforth were increasingly at home with symbol and formula.
- - There is no general test for the incommensurability of the general infinite continued fraction.
- A realist response to this kind of incommensurability may appeal to externalist or naturalized epistemology.
- This has been so usually confounded with the 20.63 family, owing to the juxtaposition of 28 digits with that cubit in Egypt, that it should be observed how the difficulty of their incommensurability has been felt.
- The Incommensurability of Infinite Continued Fractions.Advertisement