Inclosures sentence example
- One merciful provision, however, had existed from time immemorial, and that was [the puuhonuas] sacred inclosures, places of refuge, into which those who fled in time of war, or from any violent pursuer, might enter and be safe.
- Encouragement of industry was not wanting; the state undertook to develop the herds of merino sheep, by issuing prohibitions against inclosures, which proved the ruin of agriculture, and gave premiums for large merchant ships, which ruined the owners of small vessels and reduced the merchant navy of Spain to a handful of galleons.
- The hanging woods, waving inclosures, and airy sites, are elegant, beautiful, and picturesque.
- This plot is described as being bounded " on the West by certain old inclosures belonging to the said Joseph Lock " .
- There are but few inclosures in this parish in proportion to the extent of arable ground.Advertisement
- Exclusive of the large inclosures of Panmure, the yearly rent of the parish exceeds £ 1,000.
- Grass lets from 20 s. to 30 s. and arable 20 s. round, for there are many new inclosures here.
- other early inclosures were probably forgotten after court rolls were destroyed in a fire c.