Inclosed sentence example
- The head of the crozier, which is of silver-gilt with a smaller crozier of bronze inclosed within it, is now deposited in the National Museum of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland.
- Air is then forced into the inclosed space by means of a compressing engine, until the pressure is sufficient to oppose the flow of water into the excavation, and to drive out any that may collect in the bottom of the shaft through a pipe which is carried through the air-sluice to the surface.
- Near the town was the famous fountain of Sauros, inclosed by fruit-bearing poplars; and not far from this was another spring, overhung by an evergreen plane tree which in popular belief marked the scene of the amours of Zeus and Europa.
- - General Classification of Iron and Steel according (I) to Carbon-Content and (2) to Presence or Absence of Inclosed Slag.
- In 1900 about nine-tenths of the total land area was inclosed in farms; the value of farm property ($2,004,316,897) was greater than that of any other state; as regards the total value of farm products in 1899 Illinois was surpassed only by Iowa; in the value of crops Illinois led all the states, and the values of property and of products were respectively 35.6% and 87.1% greater than at the end of the preceding decade.Advertisement
- I have considered how best to compose the present dispute, and I think it may be done by the inclosed scholium to the fourth proposition."
- The buildings are substantial and commodious; the lands are generally well inclosed, and the fences mostly kept in good repair.
- Meantime Howells had written his Atlantic notice of Tom Sawyer, and now inclosed Clemens a proof of it.
- A Letter from the Commissioners for the Customs, dated the First of March 1659; with a Case therein inclosed; were read.
- It is likely to fall, if ever the neighboring lands are completely inclosed.Advertisement
- Great advances have been made in draining, but the lands are not inclosed, and the want of fences is seriously felt.
- Inclosed I send yow a coppy of the petition.