Incana sentence example
- Among the first wild shrubs and trees that are met with are the chilca (Baccharis Feuillei), with a pretty yellow flower, the Mutisia acuminata, with beautiful red and orange flowers, several species of Senecio, calceolarias, the Schinus molle, with its graceful branches and bunches of red berries, and at higher elevations the lambras (Alnus acuminata), the sauco (Sambucus peruviana), the quenuar (Buddleia incana), and the Polylepis racemosa.
- The dried dung of the llama (taquia) is generally used as fuel, as in pre-Spanish times, for roasting ores, as also a species of grass called ichu (Stipa incana), and a singular woody fungus, called yareta (Azorella umbellifera), found growing on the rocks at elevations exceeding 12,000 ft.
- A. incana has also several varieties seldom of more value than the wild tree.
- One of the most distinct and useful of them is S. incana, a small grey shrub, with close habit and narrow leaves covered with dense white down.
- The principal of these species are M. incana, M. annua, and M. sinuata.Advertisement
- M. incana grows wild on cliffs in the Isle of Wight, and is the origin of the Biennial, or Brompton and Queen Stocks; M. annua has yielded the Ten-week Stocks, and M. sinuata the others.