Inactivate sentence example
- Heat can inactivate the effectiveness of venom, so applying heat to the affected bug bite area should relieve the itch.
- Iron and calcium are known to bind to drugs of the tetracycline family and inactivate the antibiotic.
- Mutations that inactivate the RET gene are the most frequent, occurring in 50 percent of familial cases (cases which run in families) and 15 to 20 percent of sporadic (non-familial) cases.
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is a way to inactivate the parts of the brain thought to cause overactivity or tremor in certain muscles, without destroying a part of the brain.
- Vitamin C was also able to inactivate other viruses in vitro, including herpes simplex, rabies, and tobacco mosaic virus.Advertisement
- These antibodies bind to the surface proteins but do not inactivate the virus.
- Sedentary living and sun damage also inactivate the skin.
- Surprisingly, the results showed that Virkon was the only disinfectant to completely inactivate the parvovirus.
- We are developing new methods, for instance using cleavage by highly specific proteases, to inactivate proteins in fission yeast.