In-the-thick-of sentence example
- He was soon in the thick of the negotiations with France (1911) which arose over the Agadir incident, and which, owing to the state of KiderlenWachter's health, were partly conducted between him and the French ambassador, Jules Cambon, at the Bavarian spa of Kissingen.
- When you are in the thick of a fight there is a certain exhilaration that keeps you going.
- immerse the player in the thick of the battle.
- These ski lodges offer flexible offpiste experience in the thick of pristine mountain wilderness.
- Combat Flight Simulator 3 places you in the position of either a fighter or bomber pilot in the thick of World War II.Advertisement
- During the game Zoff may appear almost unnoticed, in the thick of the fighting.
- Timothy is in the thick of battle, the middle of the marathon and the hard part of the growing season.
- Former FONCY Player of the Year Jason Shackell was in the thick of the action for the first team against Chelsea on Saturday.
- Lang passed Boardman half-way round the first lap; Chisnall, meanwhile, was in the thick of a midfield fight.
- They're actually some of the most comfortable men's shirts available; loose and lightweight, they're cool in the thick of summer and are appropriate to wear everywhere from the beach to the park.Advertisement
- View the entire operation from the air before dropping yourself in the thick of action where you must quickly set your bearings and make your decisions.