In-flames sentence example
- So why did he feel a twinge of loss at the order to send it up in flames?
- We nicknamed him the Phoenix, which is notorious for not only rising from ashes but also for taking down everyone and everything around them in flames.
- She had nothing better to do, not with her source of alcohol gone and her bed in flames.
- I would.ve let them all go down in flames for how they treated you, she said.
- I want to look at the logs for the past few days to see if any of the scouts have reported any other fed buildings going up in flames.Advertisement
- You took care of the Grey God's issue before the immortal world went up in flames a few months ago.
- On the 6th, therefore, the homeward march was commenced, the city being left behind in flames.
- The royal palace of Christiansborg, originally built (1731-1745) by Christian VI., destroyed by fire in 1794, and rebuilt, again fell in flames in 1884.
- Thus, at the time when the Egyptian army was broken up at Tell-el-Kebir, the Sudan was already in flames.
- According to the Annals of the Four Masters a fleet burned Cork in 821; in 846 the Danes appear to have been in possession of the town, for a force was collected to demolish their fortress; and in 1012 Cork again fell in flames.Advertisement
- The truck was totally engulfed in flames along with all the donated medical supplies from the Arab Emirates.
- Here we see the mangled wreckage still in flames.
- Since then, he has retired two famous photographs, featuring one bride and her dress engulfed in flames and another in murky water.
- Blaze Starr had a red settee, which she had tricked out with a fan, canned smoke, and a piece of bright silk that would appear to go up in flames.
- Burning enemies with fire attacks is effective in combat since they cannot fight back when in flames.Advertisement
- Sammie kept having uneasy dreams of her house in flames and smelling something acrid and strong.
- Other symbols like the Yin and Yang can be engulfed in flames to further the duality of the symbol.