In-broad-daylight sentence example
- General Mezentsov, the head of the political police, was assassinated in broad daylight in one of the principal streets of St Petersburg, and in the provinces a good many officials of various grades shared the same fate.
- How could such a thing happen in broad daylight during a procession, when troops and a military escort were actually present ?"
- Ivanov determined to push home the assault on the main position on the night of the 25th26th, an order which involved an approach march in broad daylight and consequently heavy losses.
- C. Home and P. Salkeld, who blew in the gate in broad daylight on the day that Delhi was taken by assault.
- That same evening Lord Frederick and the permanent undersecretary Thomas Henry Burke were murdered in the Phoenix Park in broad daylight.Advertisement
- A criminal can use the alleyway at the back of a terrace without having to be seen, even in broad daylight.
- The director was shot and stabbed by a lone assailant in broad daylight in Amsterdam while on his way to work.
- In Osaka, a young man drowned a homeless man by throwing him into a river in broad daylight.
- Of course he had too much self-respect to steal openly or in broad daylight.
- He was murdered in the main thoroughfare of the Bazaar in broad daylight.Advertisement
- At the same time, Lex Luthor 's tycoon father is violently abducted in broad daylight.
- Aubrey O'Day - The singer was robbed while walking in a Los Angeles alley in 2009, in broad daylight.