Impudently sentence example
- The soldier was pale, his blue eyes looked impudently into the commander's face, and his lips were smiling.
- His eyes too seemed strange; at one moment they looked impudently sly and at the next glanced round in alarm.
- The church offered the richest field for exploitation, and in spite of his dissolute life he impudently prayed the regent to give him the archbishopric of Cambray, the richest in France.
- By him it was referred to a commission of five, who found Ramus guilty of having "acted rashly, arrogantly and impudently," and interdicted his lectures (1544).
- James had already threatened the Benedictines and Augustines for " impudently abandoning religious conduct," and had founded the Carthusian monastery in Perth, that the Carthusians might offer a better example.Advertisement
- They were eagerly read, widely circulated, and indeed impudently pirated, while they were still in the original form, and had a large sale when collected into volumes.