Implicate sentence example
- The knife was left up there to implicate me.
- Maybe it was left up there to implicate you, but there's a good chance it was just plain dropped by accident.
- He consistently opposed Caesar, whom he endeavoured to implicate in the Catilinarian conspiracy.
- The doctrine of Atonement, destined to be the focus of Protestant evangelicalism, has remained undefined in Catholic circles,' an implicate or presupposition, but no part of the explicit and authorized creeds.
- The attempts to implicate him in corrupt transactions were not successful; but his political opponents endeavoured to make capital in subsequent campaigns, out of the "Cipher Dispatches."Advertisement
- between London and his mother's house at Ashby St Legers in eight hours, informed his friends in Warwickshire, who had been awaiting the issue of the plot, of its failure, but succeeded in persuading Sir Everard Digby, by an unscrupulous falsehood, to further implicate himself in his hopeless cause by assuring him that both James and Salisbury were dead; and, according to Father Garnet, this was not the first time that Catesby had been guilty of lies in order to draw men into the plot.
- Pombal appointed a special tribunal to judge the case; many of the accused, including those already mentioned, were found guilty and executed; and an attempt was made to implicate the Jesuits.
- Favras was generally regarded as a martyr to his refusal to implicate the count of Provence, and Madame de Favras was pensioned by Louis XVI.
- Any one sign is not enough to implicate anyone, but if the totality of her behavior seems suspicious, chances are something is going on.
- While these facts are certainly cause for concern, there have simply not been enough large scale studies performed yet to implicate BPA as a definite health risk.Advertisement
- It was left to implicate me.
- Recordings released by a former presidential bodyguard implicate Kuchma in the case.
- Animal and human studies implicate the amygdala in conditioning to aversive stimuli and orbitofrontal cortex in reversal learning.