Imperturbability sentence example
- Mental imperturbability (arapaEia) was the result to be attained by cultivating such a frame of mind.
- It seems also true that the Academics were less overborne than the Pyrrhonists by the practical issue of their doubts (imperturbability); their interest was more purely intellectual, and they had something of the old delight in mental exercitation for its own sake (see Arcesilaus, Carneades, Aenesidemus, Agrippa and Sextus Empiricus).
- But there is a limit of imperturbability, and when that limit is reached, the subsequent passion is desperately vehement.
- The secret of success, here as elsewhere, is the writer's marvellous imperturbability in paradox, his teeming imagination and his rigid logic. Grant his premises, and all the rest follows; his world may be turned topsy-turvy, but the relative situation of its contents is unchanged.
- Pyrrho concludes that, since nothing can be known, the only proper attitude is imperturbability (ataraxia).Advertisement