Impersonated sentence example
- Four pretenders to the throne successively impersonated Sebastian; the first two, known from their places of birth as.
- The fourth was a Calabrian named Marco Tullio, who, knew no Portuguese; he impersonated the "hidden king" at Venice in `1603 and gained many supporters, but was ultimately captured and executed.
- It is not so much as king of the dead that Osiris here appears, but every deceased Egyptian was regarded as himself an Osiris, as having undergone all the indignities inificted upon the god, but finally triumphant over the powers of death and evil impersonated by Seth.
- Egyptian speculation, in like manner, impersonated the conceptions of physical and moral order as two sides of a fundamental unity in the goddess Maat.
- Here the younger brother impersonated the elder, and succeeded in deceiving his blind father by imitating the hairiness of his brother.Advertisement
- The first of the creatures of God is the Universal Intelligence or Spirit, impersonated in Hamza, Hakim's vizier.
- Scott also impersonated the Gibson Girl with her curvaceous figure.
- They may have been represented or impersonated by priests in her rites as Attis was, but they were also, like him, not actual priests in the first instance, but objects of worship in which a frenzied dance, with accompaniment of flute music, the beating of tambourines, the clashing of cymbals and castanets, wild cries and self-infliction of wounds - the whole culminating in a state of ecstasy and exhaustion - were the most prominent features.
- Before Tiger Woods had all of the legal trouble associated with his divorce from his wife Elin, he another issue: the fact that he was being financially impersonated.
- Goddard initially portrayed Cane Ashby as a loner bartender who then impersonated Phillip Chancellor III at the original character's behest.Advertisement