Imperata sentence example
- Vast tracts of the country have been, however, deforested by fire, and these are covered by the tall ineradicable grass, Imperata arundinacea.
- Endless masses of tall weeds, belonging to a few species, cover the face of the country - large Cruciferae, Cynareae and Umbelliferae - also large quantities of liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra and echinata) and Lagonychium, and the white ears of the Imperata.
- Imperata, another ally, is a widespread tropical genus; one species I.
- Cynodon Dactylon, Eleusine indica, Imperata arundinacea, Sporobolus indicus, &c., and such weeds of cultivation as species of Setaria, Echinochloa.
- Imperata Sacchariflora - A hardy Grass, from the Amoor, with graceful foliage, forming a tuft, about 3 feet high, that throws up numerous flower-spikes, about 5 feet in height, bearing silvery plumes of flowers.Advertisement